While Santa enjoys his milk and cookies, we can’t forget a special treat for his reindeer! Sprinkle this easy-to-make recipe on your lawn on Christmas Eve to provide a tasty snack for Santa’s important helpers! You might just be surprised to find it all eaten up by the next morning!
Magic Reindeer Food Supplies Needed
- Hot glue
- 1 sq. foot burlap
- ½ cup cheerios
- 1 tsp. sprinkles
- 2 brown pipe cleaners (cut in half)
- 2 googly eyes
- 6 inches natural twine string
- 1 red pom-pom
Magic Reindeer Food Step-by-Step Directions
1. Place the cheerios and sprinkles in the center of your burlap square.
2. Gather up corners of burlap and secure together by wrapping with twine and tying it into a knot. You may trim off excess twine if desired.
3. Use hot glue to attach googly eyes and red pom-pom for a nose.
4. Create an antler by slipping 1 piece of pipe cleaner under twine and twisting ends into antler shape. Use second piece of pipe cleaner to add additional shape to antler. Repeat steps to make second antler.
Now your food is clearly packaged so no sneaky elves try and enjoy it!
Your family can also enjoy making a variation of this craft and lots of other holiday themed goodies at our Frosty Farm event happening weekends in December in San Diego!